AMPORT CHURCH  Hampshire

Amport is a small village just south of the A303 about 5 miles west of Andover
(grid reference SU 299443  -  postcode SP11 8BG)

Amport was held by the Mortimers of Wigmore from probably about 1075. The original church was swept away in the early fourteenth century and replaced with an aisleless cruciform church with a central tower, although the north transept and nave were virtually rebuilt in 1866. The plan is similar to that found at Neen Sollars in Shropshire. 

Amport
Photo:  © www.geograph.org.uk (CC BY-SA 2.0 licence)

For more information about the Mortimer connection click here
For more information about the church    click here