BLEDDFA CHURCH Powys

Bleddfa is a small village on the A488, 7 miles south-west of Knighton.
(grid reference SO 206684  -  postcode LD7 1PA)

Bleddfa church came into the hands of the Mortimers of Essex in 1211 together with the barony of Richards Castle and remained theirs until 1304 when the male line died out.

The church consists of a low, narrow nave probably of the early thirteenth century, with a wider, slightly newer chancel beyond. In 1304 work began on the new west tower of which only portions of the first floor now remain. This was probably destroyed in 1402 when the district was pillaged by Owain Glyndwr.

For more information about the church click here

Bleddfa