BORASTON CHURCH Shropshire

Boraston is about 2 miles north-east of Tenbury Wells.
(grid reference SO 614701  -  postcode WR15 8LH)

Boraston was a vill of the Richards Castle (aka Burford) barony and therefore the church belonged to the Mortimers of Richards Castle from 1211 to 1304.

The church is a typical early design of chancel, nave and west tower. There is an early blocked north doorway and traces of the south one, but much of the fabric was renewed in 1884-87.

Boraston
Photo: ┬ęPhilip Halling (CC BY-SA 2.0 Licence)

Notes by Paul Remfry
For more information about the church  click here