CAYNHAM CHURCH Shropshire

The village of Caynham lies just to the east of the A49 about 3 miles south-east of Ludlow.
(grid reference SO 554733  -  postcode SY8 3BN)
 
Caynham was held by the Mortimers of Wigmore from 1075 and granted by Hugh Mortimer (d1181) to Wigmore Abbey about 1172. 

The church was much rebuilt in 1885. It originally consisted of a chancel, nave and west tower, all probably built before the church was granted to Wigmore Abbey. 

Caynham
Photo: © http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk

Notes by Paul Remfry
For more information about the church  click here