CORELEY CHURCH Shropshire

Coreley is a village lying to the south of the A4117, about halfway between Ludlow and Cleobury Mortimer.
(grid reference SO 613740  -  nearby postcode SY8 3AR) 

Coreley was mentioned in Domesday as a Mortimer of Wigmore vill and was held by the family until 1425.

The nave and chancel were rebuilt in brick during the eighteenth century, but the heavy-pilaster buttressed 'Norman' west tower still dominates the district.

Coreley
Photo: © Philip Halling  (CC BY-SA 2.0 licence)

Notes by Paul Remfry
For more information about the church click here