DISCOED CHURCH Powys

The small settlement of Discoed lies close to the river Lugg 2-3 miles west of Presteigne.
(grid reference SO 277648  -  postcode LD8 2NW)

Discoed was part of the Richards Castle barony and therefore the church belonged to the Mortimers of Richards Castle from 1211 to 1304.

The church, consisting of a chancel and nave, probably predates their tenure.

Discoed
Photo: © Alex Ramsay

Notes by Paul Remfry
For more information about the church click here