GREETE CHURCH Shropshire

The small village of Greete is on unclassified roads about 2 miles north-west of Tenbury Wells.
(grid reference SO 577708  -  postcode SY8 3BZ)

Greete belonged to the Mortimers of Richards Castle as part of their barony of Burford.

The church appears to have a thirteenth century chancel attached to a twelfth century nave with a fine much renewed south door. There are many later additions which occurred before the 1856 rebuilding.

Greete
Photo: Philip Halling (CC BY-SA 2.0 licence)

Notes by Paul Remfry
For more information click here