KINGSLAND CHURCH Herefordshire
See also the article on Kingsland Castle

The village of Kingsland is just to the east of the A4110, 4½ miles north-west of Leominster.
(grid reference SO447613  -  postcode HR6 9QW)

Kingsland came into Mortimer hands through the marriage of Roger Mortimer and Matilda Braose in 1235.

The entire church is reckoned to be early fourteenth century, although it contains fragments of an earlier church. As with all such attempts at dating, this is open to question. It consists of a tower, long aisled nave, porch and chapel. Certainly the “fourteenth century” door in the tower north wall is a reused window, as can be seen by its tracery. The round windows in the nave and tower are unusual, while some fourteenth century glass remains in the east window with figures and various coats of arms.

Kingsland
Photo: © http://herefordshirechurches.co.uk/

Notes by Paul Remfry
For more information and pictures  click here