LEINTHALL EARLS CHURCH Herefordshire

The settlement of Leinthall Earls lies about a mile to the east of the A4110, about halfway between Wigmore and Mortimers Cross.
(grid reference SO 443679  -  postcode HR6 9TR)

Leinthall belonged to the Mortimers from 1075 when it consisted of two parts. One of these went on to become Leinthall Earls.

The church consists of a single chamber containing both chancel and nave. The Norman west doorway appears to have been reset.

Leinthall Earls
Photo: © Hugh Wood

Notes by Paul Remfry