LUND CHURCH East Yorkshire

The village of Lund lies on the B1248 about 8 miles north-west of Beverley.
(grid reference: SE 970481  -  postcode: YO25 9TE) 

Lund was held by the Mortimers of Wigmore probably from 1075. It passed through Ralph Mortimer's daughter to the Vescy family in the twelfth century.

Only the tub font survives of the early church. The rest, bar the fifteenth century west tower, was rebuilt between 1845 and 1853.

Lund
Photo: © David Ross www.britainexpress.com

Notes by Paul Remfry
For more information click here