NASH CHURCH Shropshire

The settlement of Nash lies just east of the B4214 about 3 miles north of Tenbury Wells.
(grid reference: SO 604717  -  postcode: SY8 3DF) 

As part of the Richards Castle barony, the church belonged to the Mortimers of Richards Castle from 1211 to 1304.

It is just possible that the chancel may date from the time of the Mortimer lordship, while fragments in the rebuilt nineteenth century nave almost certainly date to the thirteenth century.

Nash
Photo: © Philip Halling  (CC BY-SA 2.0)

Notes by Paul Remfry
For more information about the church click here