WINTRINGHAM CHURCH North Yorkshire

The village of Wintringham lies just south of the A64 about 6 miles east of Malton.
(grid reference SE 887732 - nearby postcode YO17 8HX)

Wintringham was held by the Mortimers of Wigmore probably from 1075 and passed through Ralph Mortimer's daughter to the Vescy family in the twelfth century.

'The most rewarding church in the (old) East Riding' - Pevsner.
Some of the early church survives the fourteenth century rebuilding in the form of the early chancel with a round-headed priests' door and pilaster buttresses.

Notes by Paul Remfry
For more information about Wintringham click here

Wintringham
Photo: © Pauline Eccles (CC BY-SA 2.0 licence)