WOOTTON CHURCH Lincolnshire

The village of Wootton lies on the A1077, just north of the A180 about 8 miles west of Immingham.
(grid reference TA 089162 - nearby postcode DN39 6SJ)

Wootton was held by the Mortimers of Wigmore probably from 1075 and passed through Ralph Mortimer's daughter to the Vescy family in the twelfth century.

The church consists of an early nave which has had two aisles added to it and a west tower. The adjoining chancel was built anew in 1851.

Notes by Paul Remfry
For more information about the church click here

Wootton
Photo: © David Wright (CC BY-SA 2.0 licence)