Ludford lies immediately opposite to Ludlow, on the south side of the river Teme.
(grid reference: SO 513741  -  postcode: SY8 1PJ)

Ludford was part of the Burford barony and therefore the church belonged to the Mortimers of Richards Castle from 1211 to 1304.

The church consists of an early nave with later chancel and a low west tower. The Foxe chapel to the north dates from about 1555.

Photo: Shropshire Family History Society

Notes by Paul Remfry
For more information on Ludford click here
Mortimer History Society                   Charity No. 1171392             contact